Klarstein mash kettle with free wort chiller 25L for £169.99

Discussion in 'Ebay & Other Limited Offers' started by kelper, Oct 11, 2019.

Help Support The Homebrew Forum UK by donating:

1. Oct 11, 2019 #1

kelper

kelper

kelper

Landlord. Supporting Member

2. Oct 19, 2019 #2

crowcrow

crowcrow

crowcrow

Regular.

Great bit of kit, I have the 30 litres and very happy. Note that the sizing is theoretical - 25 litres is the very most it will hold to the very brim - my 30 will only hold 27 to max fill, and even then I wouldn't want to boil with 27 litres in - so will be lower still. I normally end up with around 20 to 24 litres at the start of the boil and unless you keep skimming the foam off, it wants to escape. So consider a large size (when I got mine for this price it was actually the 30 litre that was cheaper. I wish I'd even gone a size up!)

But all that said, a great fun bit of kit, very easy to use and a very happy purchase of mine.

3. Oct 19, 2019 #3

kelper

kelper

kelper

Landlord. Supporting Member

What did you pay?

4. Oct 19, 2019 #4

crowcrow

crowcrow

crowcrow

Regular.

£159 for the 30 litre. The price goes up and down a lot.

But never seen them for less than 159 Inc the 10 discount. When ever they have another offer (£15 ot 10% off they up the price of these.

Postage was quick and well packed, easy to use just ignore the manual for brewing instructions at least and set the temp to 103c to get a rolling boil.

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/...-how-to-guide-for-the-klarstein-system.82410/

Attached Files:

5. Nov 1, 2019 #5

MrSarge

MrSarge

MrSarge

Active Member Supporting Member

Bought myself one of these too, just the 25 lit version. Hooked up a cheap pump for recirc and away i went. So far having a good time with it although doss anyone know if a grain basket that is all mesh would work better than the one with solid sides that comes with it??

crowcrow likes this.
  6. Nov 1, 2019 #6

crowcrow

crowcrow

crowcrow

Regular.

I assume all mesh would be better, but I've had really high efficiency with the basket that came with it that I've not bothered to upgrade it.

Can you confirm the pump and tubing you used for the recirculation? I'd like to get that a go.

Rodcx500z likes this.
  7. Nov 1, 2019 #7

MrSarge

MrSarge

MrSarge

I bought this from amazon TOPINCN Homebrew Beer Pump Home Brewing System Pump Circulation Fluid Transfer Plastic Brushless Water Beer Pumps DC 12V 18W(with connector) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MLQR9VZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_k0gVDbE202CWQ

I use 1/2silicone tubing, ill have a look back through my emails to see where i got it for you. Had a hell of a time finding the right stuff the get the best from the pump.
    The reason i was wondering about the all mesh grain basket was because it wont drain fast enough on a large grain bill using the pump.. it just overflows the basket and dumps a load of grain into the kettle

crowcrow likes this.
  8. Nov 1, 2019 #8

MrSarge

MrSarge

MrSarge

9. Nov 1, 2019 #9

crowcrow

crowcrow

crowcrow

Regular.

Thanks for that, shame about the overflowing. I just 'jug circulate' 4 or 5 times every 15 mins during the mash - so if this overflows I might put the idea on the back burner. Got so many things to do and buy, the list is longer than my spending £! Currently putting cash aside for my next two brews so I should focus on that. Cheers for the detail though.

MrSarge likes this.
  10. Dec 12, 2019 #10

crowcrow

crowcrow

crowcrow

Regular.

https://www.klarstein.co.uk/?cl=det...&varselid[0]=e018b9aa17e376b75cf41801365023a5 30litre is currently £179 before the code so £169 delivered.

I can vouch for it - a great bit of kit. The 35 litre is £10 more - if you have the space I'd go bigger as always useful for large grain bills.

It certainly isn't a grain father or similar, but for the price I believe it is great and a very good step into AG brewing. I'm hoping to make a complete brew day video over Xmas as a friend who has one was struggling to follow my directions. :p

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  11. Dec 12, 2019 #11

crowcrow

crowcrow

crowcrow

Regular.

And needs to be ordered today for guaranteed Xmas delivery.

Draft saved Draft deleted