Kviek Tropical Stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm brewing my first stout and using kviek for the first time as well. I'm just wondering if I should just bottle after the 4ish days or is there any benefit to letting it sit for a few days more?
It will be a 7% stout and I'm planning to pitch around 40C but set the temp controller to 35C. Is cold crashing a thing for kviek due to the very high fluctuation? As I'm bottling I'm a bit worried that they'll come out under-carbed.

I said I was finished for the year but this will work out nicely that I'm away for a few weeks and have something tasty to come home to.

Cheers

Last edited:
I’ve just done one in the Brew and swap thread, the comments haven’t been too bad.
Looking at mine it was fermented at 28 degrees and finished in 2 days, it then had 4 days at 16, no idea why 16 but the 4 days would be so I could bottle the following weekend and it’s definitely not under-carbed.

Last edited:
Was is Voss you used? I thought kviek likes to be in the 35-40C range.
Good to know about the carbonation. I've read about issues when it comes to bottling because the fluctuation is so high. I'm pretty sure it was a David Heath video I seen where he was tipping extra yeast into the bottles.

It was but I was going to pressure ferment for the first time and had a leak so had to just do it in a standard fermenter and that was the highest temperature it would go.
You can use Voss in the 24-40 range though.

I've just a standard one as well but I have a brew fridge and heat belt so I'm hoping the belt & working yeast will be able to hold it at 35C.
I think I'll do something similar to you. 4 days at 35C and 2 at 16C. Bottling at 35C just doesn't seem right to me for some reason.

Last edited:
So I got to FG in 20 hours and let the temperature drop naturally from 35C to 19C (3 days). I can't believe I've brewed and bottled in four days!
Also, I noticed it seems to have a really cleaned up taste to it, in that once it's carbed it will be perfectly drinkable versus leaving it for 2-4 weeks to mature.

Latest posts

Back