Kwick Clear Finnings

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alank950

Reaction score
Just added 2 teaspoons of both bottles (its a mix) of this Kwick Clear finnings to my fermented 5gal wort of ginger beer just before i moved it to a secondary.I wantd to clear it for adding root beer concentrate...It suggestes to add 1-2mil from each bottle of finnings per 4.5ltrs of liquid..it wasnt untill after i added this that i caught on i could have stopped the yeast from creating carbonation after bottling although i dont think i added enough for this to happen or did i?..a level teaspoon holds 5mil..just to be on the safe side could i add say a half teaspoon full of activated yeast again to the wort along with the priming sugar to ensure carbonation in the bottles?

It has been awhile since I used finings but I always added them to my kit beer when barrelling and never had a problem with it carbonating.

For future reference or just to be on the safe side. would it be an issue adding 1/2 teaspoon of pree activated yeast to the mix just before bottling.?..would this cause over carbination or explosive bottles?...i will be using plastic 1.5ltr bottles for this brew..

I was thinking what i could do is prime and bottle the ginger beer and see what happens over a few weeks by opening one..If for some reason it has not carbonated i could mix up some yeast and add say a few mil to each bottle with a syringe or a pinch of yeast grains to each bottle and seal..i assume this would work?..hopefully it should be ok..it does not seem to be clearing much and i added the finnings 2 days ago..

Back