Left-over beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marco491

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The standard primary fermenting bin happily accepts the standard volume of beer from the standard beer kit. But the standard cornie keg is smaller. What do people do with their leftover primary ferment?

I can think of priming it in an ordinary keg (but then surely there would be too much air to have to purge out). I can think of bottling it (but that's not really my game). And I can think of drinking it all quickly.

Joking aside, what do you do? So far I have tried the first option but I am expecting it to go off quite quickly.

I usually do a 50ltr brew, two cornies and bottle the rest.....I have been known to use 2ltr PET's when glass bottles where short. In fact a 2ltr bottle is just right for an evenings session

Quite simply people bottle it (primed with sugar) and bottle condition it prior to drinking!

Plan ahead I think is key to makie sure none of your brew goes to waste, if that means doing a bottle count then so be it.

:cheers:

yeah i usually just shorten the kit brews to 20 litres or so so it fits in the cornie. i kegged 20 litres of st peters ruby red ale and 20 litres of mex cerveza earlier tonight.hard work i tell ya, just sitting relaxing with a pint of my magnum pear cider, gassed at 30psi and ice cold its magic man.

Back