magnum pear cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jobby

Reaction score
bottled this kit last week and was surprised at how dark it was, dont look much like cider too me :cheers:

just has a sneaky bottle and its not very nice the taste is way too chemical, hope it gets alot better over time.

jobby said:
just has a sneaky bottle and its not very nice the taste is way too chemical, hope it gets alot better over time.

You should leave it at least a couple of Months, if not longer.

Once I did mine over a year ago It took a few months to get better and at the end it was fairly good!

alphacento said:
I forgot to mention that I used the apple one and not the pear one so it might be different with that one!

I have done around 4 of the Apple kits with no issue, left for around 14 days before getting onit.

Does have a funny smell but after the first half pint you kind of get used to it :lol:

Have a look at this one we did earlier. ;) The kit that I did had a sachet of "pear chemical" which I had doubts about once I saw it. ;) No contest against a turbo. :D

From a while back

S

First kit i made was a magnum pear cider kit. I know what you mean with the chemical taste, but it does go after a while. I couldn't resist after I had made it and i ended up opening one after a week or 2. But a few of them made it to 6-8 weeks in the bottle and they were considerably better. Patience is a virtue lol

think it will go to the back of the shed until summer and then see how it tastes :cheers: i do turbo aswell and that turns out great everytime so might stick too that in the future

Mine didnt improve at all. I gave it 2 months before I tried it then left it another 2 to see if it needed more time.
I gave most of it away leaving myself 5 bottles.
That was a year ago and we tried the last of it a couple of weeks ago the verdict was :sick:

Never making it again!

Bloody hell, was it that bad? I had heard about their chemical sachet things from another thread which sort of put me off, but usually a few months can rescue it. Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Perhaps, as someone else mentioned, you inadvertently made sparkling white wine with pear flavourings...

simonkidder said:
I must admit although I didn't mind the magnum kit after a while TC is much better with even the most basic equipment and minimal effort.
Yea I recall reading what people said about TC before I made it and it sounded a bit too good to be true, but even within a fortnight of bottling it was very much to my taste!

I really fancied some perry/ pear cider but I think the aldi nectar is the only juice out there and its a massive pain in the ****. I will leave the bottles another 2 weeks and then be able to let you know whether it was actually worth it lol.

Anything with a sachet of flavoring doesn't have much chance does it. :nono:
For me Turbo wins on all counts, no contest :D I knew as soon as I opened the box, should have gone for a refund, still kicking myself years later. :lol:
S

Made the wife the magnum strawberry cider it cleared even before it was bottled she said it was very nice got better with age too though think she has couple of bottles left aproaching twelve months old

Latest posts

Back