Malt Miller Stainless Boiler

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulesRS

Reaction score
Considering treating myself to a new boiler. Firstly for BIAB and then as part of a 3v setup when I get the bits together.

Have seen the 100L boiler with tap and hop filter on the Malt Miller site. For £100 all built I thought this was a good buy. I read good things about the site on this forum but just wondered if any one had any experience of this boiler?

I would like to buy a pot and build the boiler myself from bergland as it would be cheaper but not sure I have the time while renovating my flat too!

Thanks in advance.

You will not get better shiny.

They are based on the bergland pots and I've seen Rob's builds first hand. If you're not building yourself, this is the way forward. :thumb:

building your own wont take very long but tooling up may be expensive, qmax punch cutters make nice clean holes for elements and fittings, depending on where u are you could borrow some from a nearby member????

tho if you do build a 3 pot system the tool costs spread over the whole build are less dramatic..

Thanks for all the replies. Given me the confidence to go ahead and order.

I will probably build my own HLT and Mash tun when I have the space in new house.

Hi JulesRS,

I built my own from scratch but, to be honest, £100 doesn't sound that bad if you haven't got the necessary tools to kick off with. I ended up buying 2 QMax cutters, 20mm and 40mm, plus a set of cobalt tip drills to make the pilot holes; it all mounts up and if its simply a one-off job you are looking for then off the shelf is attractive.

Never seen anything but praise for ( Rob ) The Malt Miller and I can personally vouch for his customer service. :thumb:

Of course, having bought the tools, I can now cut holes in anything I want to which is a bonus / dangerous whichever way you look at it. Together with the Dremmel armed with cutting wheel I always seem to be looking for the next household object to practice on. My once friendly kitchen now lives in fear…….

A

Thanks Andy.

Its certainly the best price I've seen for pre-built. It's a birthday present from the Mrs so not cash I'm going to miss!

Looking forward to first use now.

they are wonderfully shiny.............................. :party:

Hope someone can help,if I get one of these boilers wil I need one of those coil coolers to do an extract brew? thanks. :wha:

You don't *need* a chiller. I have yet to see any evidence which suggests that rate of cooling has any bearing on anything other than length of brew day.

you would if you lived in South Yorkshire...its a brave man who'd leave 23 litres of beer outside cooling off in the garden....lol.

but I agree apart from " best practise " of getting your beer cooled as quickly as poss, theres no other need as far as I can see.

Back