Quantcast

Mangrove jacks Red IPA

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Geoffinthewilds

Regular.
Reaction score
Fantastic, I went for the expensive option and bought a brand new fridge as everywhere I looked it was collection only and with the lockdown/corona etc didn't want to risk anything.
At least it will be reliable and power efficient so think it was a good call on your part, love mine should have built one years ago

Keenbutcher

Reaction score
Thought I would test this out today in my new kegorator even tho it is only been in the keg for 7 days. It was fantastic! Sweet citra smell from the extra hops and a lovely bitterness. It wasnt very clear which was to expected as it's quite young. I am really looking forward to how much better this can get (if it last long enough) over the next few weeks! Will definitely do this kit again!

Bobtheblob

Reaction score
Just tested the first of my Red IPA's after a couple of weeks in the bottle (couldn't resist). Has a nice, interesting taste, a little bit different from the usual IPA's. Still seems a bit grassy at the moment but not overly hoppy and I'm very pleased with it. It can only get better the longer I leave it. +1 would do again. Will report back in this thread in a month or so with updates.

Bobtheblob

Reaction score
I can't delete or change my previous post but forget what I wrote (I put it down to the bottle of wine I'd had before I tried it).
Just opened another bottle this evening and it's pretty foul. It has quite a strong vegetable taste to it for which I think is the hops. I topped it up with some lemonade but that made it even worse and I ended up chucking the rest of the bottle.
Hope this gets better and I'm going to leave it at least a few more weeks before trying it again.

Last edited:

Bobtheblob

Reaction score
Had another one of these and it is now quite drinkable. Tastes much better now. Maybe I had Covid at the time...

Last edited: