March Forum Competition - Freestyle

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonBrew

Landlord.
Reaction score
Good evening fellow homebrew warriors,

It's the 1st of March and Spring is upon us. This also is the month of the first Freestyle competition of the year! This means anything goes as I understand - so not just beers that don't fit into any of the other competition groupings but, simply, any beer you'd like to send.

Judging will likely take place on or around the Easter weekend as I will have both my brother and brother-in-law available to help with assessing the beers - the former is a home brewer and both are passionate beer consumers.

I'm looking forward to having my palette wrecked in general by the sheer variety of the entries and, hopefully, some weird, wonderful and palette wrecking beers.

If you'd like to enter a beer sling me a PM and in exchange I'll drop you my coordinates.

Looking forward to hearing from any prospective competitors in due course.

Cheers and all the best

Last edited:
I'd like to enter, just wondering what to send. Maybe nearer the time I'll see what I have which I like. Currently I have a black IPA, Czech pils, hazy pale ale, tomorrow I'll be bottling an American wheat, I have a cali common fermenting away and tomorrow I'll be making a Belgian stout. I do have a snickers stout almost ready but I opened up the FV today to put more peanut in there and there was a layer of pellicles, so I'll see about that one.

I'd like to enter, just wondering what to send. Maybe nearer the time I'll see what I have which I like. Currently I have a black IPA, Czech pils, hazy pale ale, tomorrow I'll be bottling an American wheat, I have a cali common fermenting away and tomorrow I'll be making a Belgian stout. I do have a snickers stout almost ready but I opened up the FV today to put more peanut in there and there was a layer of pellicles, so I'll see about that one.

Cool. Sounds like you've a decision on your hands! Look forward to (hopefully) sampling one of those athumb..

Could you PM me your details please - I keep meaning to have a go and I've decided this month I'm damn well gonna get my act together!

I don't know what I'll enter yet but I'll see what's in the garage, maybe my recent Red IPA (there's a few other I want to keep back for lagers in April).

Cheers,

Matt athumb..

Could you PM me your details please - I keep meaning to have a go and I've decided this month I'm damn well gonna get my act together!

I don't know what I'll enter yet but I'll see what's in the garage, maybe my recent Red IPA (there's a few other I want to keep back for lagers in April).

Cheers,

Matt athumb..

Go for it, you've nothing to lose as they say!

I may have a pale ale with a hint of wild yeast ready by then.

Do I just PM @JonBrew for your details?

I've sent you the details. I had asked folk to PM me (start a conversation) to request the address for sending but a few folk have just asked via this thread. It's ok when it's small numbers but I can see that the Jan & Feb threads have become quite chunky and I was worried that I could end up missing posts within a thread.

Cheers

I'm in for this one, my stout wasn't ready in time for this months comp so soll enter it on this one :)

Just tried a rye beer, a bit young but should be ready by tasting time. Will try the other half that was spiked with elderflower wine later in the weekend and send one from the best (most interesting) half... athumb..

Just tried a rye beer, a bit young but should be ready by tasting time. Will try the other half that was spiked with elderflower wine later in the weekend and send one from the best (most interesting) half... athumb..

Rye beer spiked with elderflower wine. Sounds very interesting. Freestyle for sure!

Back