Memorabal Beer Moments

Discussion in 'General Beer Discussion' started by stuworx, Feb 12, 2019 at 3:39 PM.

Help Support The Homebrew Forum UK by donating:

1. Feb 12, 2019 at 3:39 PM #1

stuworx

stuworx

stuworx

Although I've had many beer moments I've forgotten, either by choice or... well you know; I have a few great memories which included a beer.

My favorite is probably an Altbier in Dusseldorf.

I worked until 12.30pm one Friday before returning home, packing a carry-on case and collecting my girlfriend on the way to Leeds Bradford Airport for the evening flight to Duss.

By around 21.30 we were in one of the brewpubs with a 200-250ml glass of fine Altbier in our hands, while Wolfsburg beating Bayern Munich played on the TV.

Fine moment.

What are yours?

2. Feb 12, 2019 at 6:48 PM #2

Chippy_Tea

Chippy_Tea

Chippy_Tea

Administrator. Administrator

A pint of Double Diamond in the now closed Bird in Hand in Ulverston bought by my Sunderland supporting Grandfather and sipped while we watched the 1973 FA Cup Final between Leeds United and Sunderland, i was 12 and got my a**e kicked when i got home and he got the biggest bollocking for buying it, happy memories.

cushyno, Wilfy and proost like this.
  3. Feb 12, 2019 at 7:21 PM #3

Nicks90

Nicks90

Nicks90

Regular.

Working my way through far too many polish ipa's whilst in Lodz at a bar called piwpaw with some good friends.
    What a night

Chippy_Tea likes this.
  4. Feb 15, 2019 at 10:55 PM #4

Clint

Clint

Clint

Hammered.....

Finding Deuchars IPA in ASDA amongst the Carling, Fosters and other rubbish....I went on to try everything they have...then on to brewing.

DavieC likes this.
  5. Feb 15, 2019 at 11:38 PM #5

cushyno

cushyno

cushyno

Regular. Supporting Member

Getting squiffy on three pints of Younger's No. 3 in the Clachaig Inn, Glencoe after climbing No.6 gully in perfect conditions.

Also a bottle of Dunkel in the main square of Heidelberg at dusk with my newly-wed wife.

Happy days.

DavieC likes this.
  6. Feb 16, 2019 at 7:39 AM #6

Martybhoy

Martybhoy

Martybhoy

Member Supporting Member

Age 14, after being given a can of Sweetheart Stout at a family party and liking it, I persuaded all my mates to try it.

Screenshot_20190216-073659~2.png

6 of us in the woods, drinking it for a few hours and wondering why we weren't getting pissed. I looked at the can and realised it was only 2% abv!! Night ruined and I was very unpopular for a while, I can tell you.

I'm just glad no-one else saw us. 6 lads thinking they're cool, but in fact drinking 'grandpa' beer. We'd have got beaten up.

stuworx and uDicko like this.