MJ Liberty Bell yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone tried LB in an american malty centinial pale. I’m tempted to order some US05 before brew instead, although the recipe calls for English yeast.
Maybe try S-04. Seems to be quite widely used by brewers in America in pales. Particularly NEIPAs but works in other US pale styles. It's pretty clean but a bit more 'English' than US-05. Around 75% attenuation rather than the 80% ish of US-05.

Last edited:
Never thought about using anything other than S-04 as a dried yeast in my ales and never had any issues with it. That said, based on this 5 page thread I have made a Sussex best clone with M36. Call it FOMO. It fermented out super quick and it was in the keg after 10 days (including cold crash for 2 days). For a pitch to pint in 22 days beer I am really pleased with how it turned out. The beer has a lovely depth of character to it which I am pleased with and the hops shine through nicely. It probably could have done with a couple of extra days in the FV but I was in a rush to get a bitter ready for Christmas.

Back