My First Orange WoW & Tomato Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello again,

So I left the Tomato Wine for another week then the Orange one and I Siphoned it off into clean Demijohn also filtered out the nasty stuff, but its now on its way to clear I also took a picture to show you.
Oh by the way when i began to siphon it off I got some in my mouth a good old mouth full and from my point of view it tasted unexpected but it did taste nice really nice and not Yuk.
But I will now leave this to clear on its own and rack off again maybe in 2 or 3 weeks see how it goes from here.

WP_001123.jpg

Hello again,
Its been some time again with the WoW and the Tomato Wine.

Here I have taken picture of the Tomato wine after its first rack and left for 1 month to clear:
WP_001196.jpg

The tomato wine is looking good. Looking forward to hearing about a taste test :)

Same here regarding WOWs going fast. The latest WGJ and pineapple ones I've done are soooo tasty they fly away. 23 litres going on after next FV bottled/boxed :cheers:

graysalchemy said:
Why? what tastes good as a food tastes totally different once it has been fermented, for a start all the sugar has been removed which counterbalances the other flavours.

Yes - totally. Like I don't get any orange notes in WOW. Likewise, I think it's accepted that grape wine very rarely tastes of grapes. Perhaps all sorts of other flavours we come to associate with fermented grapes, but not grapes themselves.

That's why I'm thinking I will backsweeten my next WOW with something other than white grape juice. It ends up tasting a bit like grapes again! I think I'd prefer an appley or even slight citrus taste or something, though it's OK for what it us.

Back