MY POSTS HAVE GONE DOWN?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It don't matter what your post count is, its all about getting the best from the grain/kit/fruit/juice :cheers:

I come here for the friendly advice and the banter.

is that a mickey mouse post :whistle:

Sean_Mc said:
It don't matter what your post count is, its all about getting the best from the grain/kit/fruit/juice :cheers:

I come here for the friendly advice and the banter.

is that a mickey mouse post :whistle:
Me too, but some long to be the highest posters without been informed about brewing..... as we all know, Aleman is 100% brewing knowledge with his amount of postings, Joe Blogs could have 5000+ posts recorded and they know SFA.... :eek: For me it's good to trim. (Like a f*nny) ;)

BB :thumb:

I've seen other websites get rid of post counts because of this problem, its can get hard for newbies to distinguish from good and bad information.
Thankfully here we have the ninjas to step in :cool:

Sean_Mc said:
I've seen other websites get rid of post counts because of this problem, its can get hard for newbies to distinguish from good and bad information.
Thankfully here we have the ninjas to step in :cool:
:thumb: :thumb: :clap: :clap:

Fortunately we have the "Joined Date" to the minute so we know how long people have been here for lol.

BarnsleyBrewer said:
........... Joe Blogs could have 5000+ posts recorded and they know SFA.... :eek:

The I'd be having words witht his Joe Blogs fellah and put him straight :wha:

I like our OAA motto ..... FIFO

Fit In or Feck Off

Agree that posts should be trimmed down. Doing this will make other forums pale in comparison.

There are members on other forums I previously used who are top members after just twelve months. If some of the posts were bog paper, they wouldn't even be of any use for wiping your backside on.

Prolific posting doesn't show that you are a master of the craft, it usually shows that they are a know it all who answers questions using google for info.

If you want to brew your own, what is the point of going anywhere else. A lot of the guys on this forum have forgot more about brewing than I will ever learn. Its a great site and I hope its around for many more years to come.

Thanks to all

dennisking said:
Looks like the survival game could give you mods the same problem

That and others will be trimmed in due course :thumb:

Wez said:
dennisking said:
Looks like the survival game could give you mods the same problem

That and others will be trimmed in due course :thumb:

:thumb: :thumb: ..What if the snug posts did'nt count?...as they are seldom about beer/wine...it's just chit-chat

Evanvine..welcome posts are not trimmed. I feel these are a very important part of the forum..

I agree with Evanvine that when one joins the forum...it makes you feel welcome that a group of guys/gals will respond to you. :clap: :clap:

Evanvine said:
I feel (welcome posts) are a very important part of the forum..
Dieseljockey said:
I agree with Evanvine that when one joins the forum...it makes you feel welcome that a group of guys/gals will respond to you. :clap: :clap:
I also agree, but welcome posts are routinely trimmed from time to time. If you look at the “Introduce yourself” forum you will find that there are currently 455 threads, dating back to last April. After that sort of time, members have either moved away again or become established regulars, so the threads are no longer relevant.

Likewise, the “Wanted & For Sale” and “Ebay and Limited Offers” are trimmed periodically to avoid obsolete clutter.

Moley said:
Evanvine said:
I feel (welcome posts) are a very important part of the forum..
Dieseljockey said:
I also agree, but welcome posts are routinely trimmed from time to time. If you look at the “Introduce yourself” forum you will find that there are currently 455 threads, dating back to last April. After that sort of time, members have either moved away again or become established regulars, so the threads are no longer relevant.

Likewise, the “Wanted & For Sale” and “Ebay and Limited Offers” are trimmed periodically to avoid obsolete clutter.

Good words there from Moley.

The welcome new members thread is pruned but not quite as aggressively as the WAT.

dennisking said:
End of the day quality is more important than quantity

I heard someone describe facebook once as "too many people, with nothing to say, saying too much"

Latest posts

Back