National Homebrew Competition

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put in my Belgian Blonde ale and got a 38. I was shocked since it was the first time I entered a comp and wasn't expecting that. I didn't place but it wasn't really about that.

One of the judges put some really good feedback on there which already has me thinking how I can improve. The other sheet just has ticks 🤷‍♂️

Still really happy with the result! Such a confidence boost!

I put in my Belgian Blonde ale and got a 38. I was shocked since it was the first time I entered a comp and wasn't expecting that. I didn't place but it wasn't really about that.

One of the judges put some really good feedback on there which already has me thinking how I can improve. The other sheet just has ticks 🤷‍♂️

Still really happy with the result! Such a confidence boost!
Brilliant!!!

Only one oddity was one said the head disappeared quickly, other said it remained for a long time. In the ones I’ve tried the head retention was great, so who knows.
Sounds like one had a dirty glass, which sucks but it happens. Ideally they'd pick up on the discrepancy and discuss it, but again it's a long day and it doesn't always happen.

Sounds like one had a dirty glass, which sucks but it happens. Ideally they'd pick up on the discrepancy and discuss it, but again it's a long day and it doesn't always happen.
It could have been a dirty bottle. I've had that before. Two beers from the same batch poured at the same time into two glasses that were both dishwashed the same.

It was a lovely event, well run by Sarah. A privilege to get to taste and judge so many amazing beers.

It was great to be in a room with so many people who share our passion, and meet with people and clubs from around the country - LAB, Worcester, ACB, Midlands, Manchester, Ireland and even Hong Kong!

A great night out in Bristol after, with brewers and judges from around the country. I particularly enjoyed the Czech and German pils in the Llandroger Trow (the Rothaus Pils was the star). And the Strawberry Thief with Westmalle Dubbel on draft...

It was a lovely event, well run by Sarah. A privilege to get to taste and judge so many amazing beers.

It was great to be in a room with so many people who share our passion, and meet with people and clubs from around the country - LAB, Worcester, ACB, Midlands, Manchester, Ireland and even Hong Kong!

A great night out in Bristol after, with brewers and judges from around the country. I particularly enjoyed the Czech and German pils in the Llandroger Trow (the Rothaus Pils was the star). And the Strawberry Thief with Westmalle Dubbel on draft...

you forgot the Lamb Shank at the Beirut Mezze!!! :laugh8:

Strawberry Thief what great Belgian Bar..only place i have seen Taras Boulba on draft in the UK..so lucky to have been in Bristol the weekend they had it on and convince the Mrs it was good place for a drink😋

Back