National Homebrew Competition

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a link to the competition site, registration opens on November 19th at midday.

https://www.nationalhomebrewcompetition.org.uk/
There’s a limit of 400 entrants, each entrant is limited to just 1 entry, only 2 bottles required for this one. Cost looks like it will be £8.

Last edited:
It’s pretty much exactly a month after the Scottish. Do I enter the same 2 beers, or get extra brews on?

It’s pretty much exactly a month after the Scottish. Do I enter the same 2 beers, or get extra brews on?
I would say submit different beers. I just submitted the same beers to two competitions and it felt like I wasted the second set because I already knew what to expect after the first results were published.

If you already have a competition winner and are looking to collect more accolades for it then of course get it into every competition 😉

When is the judging? I might send my current Helles that's on for the Scottish, just in case it isn't at its best for that in January.

Edit... Didn't read the OP fully... Disregard 😂

I would say submit different beers. I just submitted the same beers to two competitions and it felt like I wasted the second set because I already knew what to expect after the first results were published.

If you already have a competition winner and are looking to collect more accolades for it then of course get it into every competition 😉
I've heard of people submitting the same beer to two competitions and getting very different scores and feedback from each competition.

When is the judging? I might send my current Helles that's on for the Scottish, just in case it isn't at its best for that in January.

Edit... Didn't read the OP fully... Disregard 😂
Oooh, we could have a battle of the Helles on our hands. Helles is my next brew, with the intention that it’ll be one of my 2 Scottish entries.

If we're posting anyway, happy to do a swap if you want?
Sounds like a plan. I’ll be kegging my current beer next week (don’t want to say what it is because it’ll ruin secret Santa) and then the Helles will go on probably the 20th. Should be just ready for the Scottish - LAB said they’d like it younger so hopefully this isn’t too young.

Sounds like a plan. I’ll be kegging my current beer next week (don’t want to say what it is because it’ll ruin secret Santa) and then the Helles will go on that weekend.
Pleased to hear someone brewing one after me. I had a feeling I might have left it too late to condition enough!

Pleased to hear someone brewing one after me. I had a feeling I might have left it too late to condition enough!
My Vienna tasted pretty good at brew club last week straight from the Fermzilla only 6 weeks after brewing. Hoping a lighter, lower ABV beer might be quicker/better. Otherwise I’m entering one of the experimental categories with my Christmas beer!

Last edited:
is there feedback on all entries? I’ve never entered a competion before but have always been meaning to, so it would be good to get some feedback. I’ve just kegged a red rye which should be peaking in January.

edit. Yes there is.

Last edited:
Just been on the website and says Account registration will open Wednesday 23 November, 2022 12:01, have they changed the date?

Back