Neon Raptor Bash AG kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick update mine turned out better than expected managed 4.9%ABV which is hidden well. A little bit thinner on the mouthfeel as expected plus poor head retention but overall a very drinkable beer. Will definitely brew this one again !
How did everyone else’s tun out ?

My keg is emptying at a good rate so I'd call it a success.

I'll brew it again but will look to increase the malt volume assuming Matt has not already done this.
As mentioned, mine only hit 3.9% but it's one of the kegs I keep returning to.
I agree with the mouthfeel, with the maltrose that was added I was expecting it to be a bit better in body and mouth feel than it is.
No complaints though.

My head is OK, I'm dispensing at around 8 to 10 psi and I've no complaints. It presents well and hangs around for a while.

Mine has been in the keg 6 days, it's a touch sharp/perceived bitter on the finish. Im not sure if that will settle down. Mainly getting a load of citrus with one of them being lime.

Headwise it pours ok, however it doesn't stick around too long.

Now you mention it mine has a touch more bitterness than I expected.

I do have a can of Bash from NR kept back for a comparison, I'll have to run the experiment before I run out...

I made the above last year with Voss, scaled the grain bill to 4.4%, mashed at 70 and it turned out well. Im planning to brew it again soon, with more dry hops and little bit of citra in the whirlpool.

Probably my best session I've brewed so far

I've just found it on Brewfather, copied to my personal list athumb..
Did you use the Brewfather version of the recipe, I've not yet checked it against UK volumes / weights. - Job for tonight I think.

I changed the water profile, upped the hops a little in the whirlpool to 70g eldorado, 70g mosaic, 80g eldorado dry hop.

Thinking back I upped them as I was using a hop spider. However I don't now, so the original levels might work better. Also I fermented under pressure, which would suppress the yeast character. I did add the dry hops too early and it was during active fermentation, maybe I lost flavours or gained more from biotransformation. Who knows lol, it definitely needed more aroma, I will try reducing the temp and adding them after fermentation next time.

Malts used were
60% Crisp Europils
20% Crisp Flaked Torrified Oat
10% Crisp Torrified Wheat
10% Crisp Flaked Torrified Barley

Last edited:
Great thread.........i've got this kit and planning to do it soon.
I find using Voss Kveik always gives me too high bittering for my taste so i'm planning to adjust and use Verdant IPA yeast, hope it works.

Just to update, I've tried it again tonight. It's 6 days in the keg and the sharpness has gone. A small lingering pithy bitterness now which I like.

Agree with @ChilledGecko, this keg isn't going to last long, totally crushable.

Definitely on the order again list for me

Last edited:
I've just opened my tin of Bash.
Ouch! There is so much more fruits flavour with the tin.
The tin is also so much less hazy than my kit.

Oh well, goals to aspire to... 🍺😃
20220507_185807.jpg

Latest posts

Back