New intended dedicated brewery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itry

Regular.
Reaction score
I have posted before in https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/...ewery-taproom-office.81389/page-2#post-827727 about my brew space.
After the success of my home beer festivals ( see my instagram theirs videos of it on their) My wife has suggested to me building a custom brew shed so i can brew all year round inside and well you know the drill. i think she wants the other finished ready shed for her self. I have to have my decks in the space. Not a problem , do enjoy a mix when brewing. I also may have to move my workshop in their ..... im working on not doing this. id rather keep the knifes and machines away from the brewery.
ive got 3.5 m x 7.5m foot space.
my planned want list ,
tile/acrylic floor
plastic lined / tiled walls
super insulated for thermal control
Solar power , possibly later to be added. will keep the next want cheap in the summer.
Aircon , for all year fermenting temps
Boiler socket outlets wired as 32a radials
ample led bright white light
wooden inch feather board for the outsides
Dry lined inside
water system run around to that using valves and sensors i can move water around the room.
A water chiller system for cold crashing as well as definite temp control. i have this and have built this already.
Low down brew benches
Extraction for the boil

i would to love a new brew system and stainless fermentor to match to the above list also we will see.

i am an electrician by trade and an engineer as a hobby so most of the work i will do my self.

we are in the build and costing phase at the moment so i will keep this updated when i start making progress.

I have the green light to do much the same in my garage, I won't be starting until the summer as I don't have the money yet and the weathers dreadful but I will be checking on your progress and copying some of your ideas i'm sure! My problem at the moment is making it so it's practical for me at the moment but will be able to accommodate more 'bigger' equipment as the venture grows!

Sounds amazing! I have too much stuff in my garage and no space for a dedicated shed.

Are you intending on cutting a drainage channel into the floor and having a camber as to let the water flow there? This would make cleaning a doddle!

I'd have a good think about your fermentation space, IMO it's critical that this is a separate space entirely. Whatsmore is that if you're fermenting an ale and lager (for example) at the same time, your temps are obviously going to be hugely different. Glycol cooled setup for each individual FV or the like maybe?

What sort of volumes are you looking at by the way?

Latest posts

Back