The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny_H

Reaction score
Hi all,

Brand new to the forum and to brewing. Just on with my first ever kit. I bought the Cooper's DIY kit with a lager. Had it fermenting for 10 days now and it's clearing nicely. Planning to bottle on Tuesday which will be 14 days.

Been learning loads from reading through the forums and looking forward to learning more.

Thanks very much for having me.

Welcome.
You have obviously come across the 2+2+2 'rule' which is a good starting point for new brewers.
2 weeks in the FV, 2 to carb up, and 2 more before you sample. If yours is the Euro lager however it will need at least 6 weeks before it comes good, although will be drinkable before.
Enjoy.

After doing a lot of reading it seemed to be the most recommended method to start with. My plan is to bottle on tuesday and leave bottles in same place fermenter has been for 2 weeks to carb then to my shed to condition for 2 weeks. Then hopefully enjoy! :)

After doing a lot of reading it seemed to be the most recommended method to start with. My plan is to bottle on tuesday and leave bottles in same place fermenter has been for 2 weeks to carb then to my shed to condition for 2 weeks. Then hopefully enjoy! :)
Welcome, and congratulations if you manage to leave it 2 weeks without a cheeky "test" ;-)

Welcome, and congratulations if you manage to leave it 2 weeks without a cheeky "test" ;-)

Haha well it would be rude not to at least "test" it before the full two weeks. Had a swig out of the test vial when I checked the SG the other day. Definitely tastes liker beer but still a lot going on in it that needs to settle. So far happy with my first attempt though.

Hi all,

Brand new to the forum and to brewing. Just on with my first ever kit. I bought the Cooper's DIY kit with a lager. Had it fermenting for 10 days now and it's clearing nicely. Planning to bottle on Tuesday which will be 14 days.

Been learning loads from reading through the forums and looking forward to learning more.

Thanks very much for having me.

Welcome!
I only joined a few days ago and am currently on my second brew.

My first one was a Coopers, also.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back