Newbie from Kidderminster

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green Ninja

Large Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm Terry and have been brewing again for about 6 months after a lay off of around 30 years!!!
Can't believe how much the kits have changed - the 3kg all malt ones are pretty good. I've tried an extract brew but the shop I got it from (Harris of Dudley) only packaged 1kg of spray malt so obviously it was a little thin for a brown ale.
I've made some wines last year which hopefully will be ok but as my missus likes wines and I like beer then I'll wait for her to tell me if they are a success.

I'm going into the AG method soon, having tasted some rather fine examples from another user of this site, Moley I know him as, don't know if he uses that alias on here. In fact the beers I tried were so good I don't think I'll bother doing another kit.

Well that's it for now. Go easy on me as I'm a shy retiring type of guy ;-)

GN

Nice to meet you GN :cheers:

Go AG, you know it makes sense!

Moley is here.... :D

Terry found the Harris forum before this one, we exchanged a few PMs and discovered that we live in neighbouring streets, so I gave him an open invitation to drop round for a chat and a beer or five, and he called round last night.

Let's just say that I think he was favourably impressed by my brews and will be crossing over to the dark side very soon. I will help him make a tun, cooler etc. and hope we can share a brewday fairly shortly, but in the meantime I've lent him my copy of Wheeler and told him where to find THBF.

Terry: You've come to the right place now, everything I know about brewing has come from this forum, but I'm still very much a beginner compared to some of the guys on here.

Good to meet you, and welcome to the forum :cheers:

Hi,

I'm nor far over the other side of the M5 from you. Recently done my first two AG brews thanks to all the info from the guys here and am just waiting to taste the conditioned product. Great stuff so far.

Welcome to the forum and have fun brewing !

Thanks everyone.

I've ordered a 33L FV to make into a boiler so I'll be shopping for kettles at the weekend.

Moley, I'll drop round to pick up the cooler tonight if that's ok with you?

Getting there slowly.

GN

Green Ninja said:
Moley, I'll drop round to pick up the cooler tonight if that's ok with you?
It's a bit awkward, if you don't mind.

I'll drop it round to yours when I get chance.

Latest posts

Back