Norfolk Brew Shed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
halfbakedpixels said:
stuart180 said:
Looking a good start, will follow your progress too.
I know the a hassle of digging too... removed 38ton of clay, soil, flint and rocks from my garden last year (by hand :shock: )

Bloody hell, that beats anything were doing.

I'm just glad it's all dug out and finished now (although the missus is on about moving now!! :doh: )

If we are going to move, then I'd love to build something like your doing.
Look's like you've got a fantastic plot of land for it too, bet that sized garden will be great in the summer!

stuart180 said:
halfbakedpixels said:
stuart180 said:
Looking a good start, will follow your progress too.
I know the a hassle of digging too... removed 38ton of clay, soil, flint and rocks from my garden last year (by hand :shock: )

Bloody hell, that beats anything were doing.

I'm just glad it's all dug out and finished now (although the missus is on about moving now!! :doh: )

If we are going to move, then I'd love to build something like your doing.
Look's like you've got a fantastic plot of land for it too, bet that sized garden will be great in the summer!

Thanks, i love our garden and should be even better this summer as its loads clearer than last.
Roll on the warm weather.

Loving your work guys, looking to do something similar myself, but slightly smaller, around 12x8ft. Do you mind updating how many bags of concrete you needed to complete your foundation.

Cheers

I'm following this thread with great interest, good work there, looking into buying a 12x10 shed myself to improve my brewing but I too need to sort the base out first.

Loving your work guys, looking to do something similar myself, but slightly smaller, around 12x8ft. Do you mind updating how many bags of concrete you needed to complete your foundation.

Cheers

Morning
I'm calculating that right now as were debating as to whether we need to fill it with more hardcore as its free and concrete isn't.
Were thinking around 3" of concrete but i'm going to get some advice first. I think with that size and 3" of concrete it will need 64 bags of cement. :eek:

I'm following this thread with great interest, good work there, looking into buying a 12x10 shed myself to improve my brewing but I too need to sort the base out first.

Thankyou for following. I've put another update on the forum about the outside of the shed if you want to have a look.

I'll be researching about the base again this week so should have an update shortly

Concrete bases that size would be better going with "readymix".
Get some mates with wheelbarrows and pay them in beer.

Concrete bases that size would be better going with "readymix".
Get some mates with wheelbarrows and pay them in beer.

Thats what i'm thinking as its way to many bags of cement to make it affordable.
Will have to ring around some places.

ye get a readymix firm in. when you order, ask for the mix to have fiber mesh in. it goes hard as bell metal and is very cheap. it reinforces the concrete and your base dosnt need to be too thick
around our way theres small firms that come with your mix and have a couple lads barrow it in for you. there not expencive.

Latest posts

Back