Nothing happening

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cannyboy

Reaction score
Put a magnum red wine kit on on monday and now over 48 hours later nothing happening, no bubbles. Is there anything i can do :hmm:

What is it in at the moment?

By "no bubbles" do you mean through an airlock or no signs of activity at all?

If it's in a bucket then airlocks won't bubble if the gas pressure can escape through any small crack, so use your other senses. Look at it, is there any sign of froth on the top? Put your ear against the FV, can you hear it fizzing? Crack the lid, put your nose in and inhale, does it make you cough or go dizzy? Try not to cough into the bucket.

If "yes" to any of the above, then it's fermenting.

I pitched the yeast at 24 degrees ive never really had any trouble with the fv before usually loads of air lock action i will lift the lid tomorrow and have a look if nothing happening still will give it a good stir

My plastic FV is new and I didn't get any air passing through my airlock until I used electricians PVC tape wrapped around the outside of the bucket around the seal. This works well for me and gives the reassurance of seeing bobbles through the airlock!

Glad it worked :cheers:

I guess its the home-brew version of turning the computer on and off again to get it working. :lol:

Latest posts

Back