pH of RO Water

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW this is the resin I use:

IMG_6021.jpeg

I doubt very much that your TDS could be due to poor performance of the membrane - the DI granules on their own should take even straight tap water down to zero TDS. In fact that's what I used to do when I only needed small quantities of de-ionised water (it's just that the DI granules wear out really fast if you do that).
Your setup hasn't got one of those final filter stages that puts 'flavour' back into the water has it?
This is the filter I have Compact 4-Stage Reverse Osmosis 50gpd (185 Litres) Fish & Aquarium Water Filter System with DI Resin Stage with the resin as posted previously

I don’t think the membrane or the DI crystals last as long as suggested.

I bought my RO machine around the same time I think and have already had to replace the membrane once and the DI crystals twice. Mind you, I do give it a hammering!

I’d fit a new membrane and new DI crystals and start from (almost) new. If you don’t then get a TDS of zero speak with Vyair.

I don’t think the membrane or the DI crystals last as long as suggested.

I bought my RO machine around the same time I think and have already had to replace the membrane once and the DI crystals twice. Mind you, I do give it a hammering!

I’d fit a new membrane and new DI crystals and start from (almost) new. If you don’t then get a TDS of zero speak with Vyair.
I get the feeling from somewhere that you brew a bit more regularly than me 🤔

Back