Picnic tap and beer line - diameter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eli_D

Brewster
Reaction score
I'm throwing this one out there in the hope that someone knows off the top of their head.
I'm at work so I can measure at the minute but wondered if anyone happened to know the diameter of beer line you need for a picnic tap (the black plastic type).

I fancy buying some longer line (in a shopping mood) and I'm too impatient to wait till I get home.

Somewhere in my head I was thinking 1/4 inch but I don't know where i got that figure.

Sorry to thread hijack a bit but would 3/16 line fit if you heated the end of the line up a bit in some boiling water.

In short, no. There is just too much of a size difference. You can get 3/8" to 3/16" John guess adapters / connectors though :thumb:

Mine has about a 5ft length of 3/16" line - I had it made that way, it uses JG reducers to get down to that size

The smaller line makes it much less prone to foaming which is a big advantage on a portable keg that might not have decent temp control

Latest posts

Back