Picture or Video of the day.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's more likely the simplest way to get the machine to work.
Waxed paper tube & then seal it alternately. If both seals were in same direction, it would give a weaker structure & be more likely to burst

It proved the basis of the paper packaging company's massive success and the 20th-century revolution in packaging liquids, particularly dairy.
Rausing started his factory in Sweden in 1951 and among many other paper materials innovations, that triangular shape gave way to an easier-to-ship box shape.
15 Jun 2019

Design Moment: Tetra Pak, 1940s.

Remember when travelling by train looked like this -

1650823724056.png
1650823740755.png

1650823754922.png

We had one of these back when I was a kid - 1940s Ford Anglia. Used to visit my granny from time to time in Harrogate from Middlesbrough. 50 miles. 3 hours each way.

View attachment 67309
Does not compute.....according to Chippy's list in post 330, the photo above would be a Ford Pop, not an Anglia.....So which was it that your family owned?

Does not compute.....according to Chippy's list in post 330, the photo above would be a Ford Pop, not an Anglia.....So which was it that your family owned?
Ford Anglia as pictured (which I lifted from wikipaedia so it must be true). Basically a 2 door version of the Pop in the 40s. 900 whole ccs which accounts for it's epic performance. It was quite speedy down hill knocked out of gear as I recall.

Can you imagine the shitstorm if they put this in the papers now.

View attachment 67090
My wife and I were both serving police officers back in the 80s, and as I recall we had to get permission to get married. But even then she was expected to wear a skirt on patrol. And policewomen used to get issued with a stupid little wooden truncheon about 6” long so that it would fit in their issue handbag. Needless to say, there were always lots of jokes about where to fit the batteries!

Latest posts

Back