Picture or Video of the day.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1705251850958.png

Who remembers when these beauties were the short distance commuters choice of transport, we used to call them wiiiing-clunks as that's the noise they made as they changed gear with no clutch.

View attachment 94231
I had the C90. I took the girlfriend camping to France for 3 weeks on it. 50+ years ago.

A right little goer.

The bike that is.

Come to think of it..... she's my wife now.

Nice snaps but I believe the grills are to deter grave robbers.

clapa

Mortsafes were devices that were made of iron or iron-and-stone. The idea was that the weight of them would deter grave robbers.
Oftentimes, they were more complex and designed of heavy iron, padlocked for even greater security.
They could only be removed by the two people who had the keys. Mortsafes were placed over the coffins for about six weeks.
When there was sufficient decay of the corpse, the mortsafe would be removed and used at another grave site.
Over time, groups were formed that made and rented mortsafes out to graveyards, especially those near medical schools.

1705418337279.png

https://scottishheart.net/2013/10/14/mortsafes-and-body-snatchers/

Last edited:

Andrew Bater

Top Contributor
·
Another photo from the 1982 blizzards.
This time from my home territory on the Gower peninsula.
The country lanes of Gower were completely impassable due to significant drifting.
Love how people pull together and help each other in adverse conditions - Around here that community spirit is much the same nowadays too .

1705420176489.png

Back