Planting 2024

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next week probably. Gonna try the Fothergills curry,hot chillies this year as they look like the green ones for Indian cooking. Plus some jalapeños. I'll start the Toms when the chillies get moved. Another one to start early is aubergines.

I've done all the stupid stuff over the years,don't bother now. I just grow what I need for my Indian curries and pizza and I'll sometimes grow an odd ball variety to see what happens.
I used to eat phal curries and hotter but don't any more. Have grown jolokia, reapers and scorpion in the past.

I have some cauliflower seedlings just starting to pop up on the window sill. Still waiting for the broad beans, dill, and onions to make an appearance after sowing last week. Will start the tomatoes early Feb.

I wasn't going to grow any chillis this year, as I went ham on them last year to be able to make my own fermented hot sauce (5-10 plants each of mirasol/jalapeño/demon red/cayenne/tabasco) and I now have 15 jars of pickled jalapeños in the cupboard and about 8 strings of dried chillis dotted around the house in addition to all the hot sauce remaining in the fridge.. But I've got some tabasco seeds germinating over the radiator anyway, oops.

Rude not to grow a few.

Mrs M often suggests "let's grow a couple of those" this year, it must be the wind in the polytunnel that affects the acoustics cos I alway manage at least 12

I'll start my chillis next week, used to do them earlier but not enough light if you don't have grow lights.

Garlics been in since Oct. Potatoes are chitting. And just waiting for the first shoots of the all-important hops to start appearing.

Back