Plastic push-on caps?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian...

Reaction score
Bottling....

Plastic push-on caps. Very convenient. What do you reckon? discuss........

They are called reseals. They are for putting back on bottles that you haven't drunk, although I don't know anyone who only drinks part of a bottle!

Only carbonation failure I ever had was when I used those.
They're great for keeping washed and sanitised bottles clean until you need them, that's about it.
IMHO, obv

I bought some cheap wine in France with push on caps once. Worked well for that, and I kept a few to pop on a bottle of unfinished wine. But for beer I would be very sceptical they could take the pressure.

They are not designed to take pressure.
I have several hundred and use them to keep bottles clean and sanitised in the garage until I need them.
Only issue I have had is them splitting over time, not through re-use, but new on a bottle, 3 months later a big split through it, I have some that are going back shortly

I use them to seal washed and sanitised bottles prior to bottling. Also a good way of determining at a glance which bottles have been done and what haven't. As has already been stated, they are not intended to replace proper crown caps whatsoever.

crE said:
Great stuff - what are they called? Do you have a link to a product page? These would be great to use on bottles in storage

Sorry I don't know what they are called or where to get them. I picked up a big tin full of them at a boot sale. I found the link through google images.

Latest posts

Back