Plum Wine Anyone ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone made this before and what was the outcome

I've currently got around 48L on the go made from my own grown plums

Cheers acheers.

Attachments

• IMG-20191004-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20191004-WA0007.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 305
I made Plum wine a few years ago- it ended up very thin and quite stringent. I later made 3/5 damson 2/5 plum - it turned out like a sherry, a little on the sweet side but well received by those who have tried it. Hope yours proves successful

Thanks buddy it's currently thin like you mention however I've introduced GRAPE Extract this afternoon and the fermentation has seriously started up again haha

Currently got 4 gallons of damson wine frothing away in the airing cupboard. Basically just 4Lb damsons and a bag of sugar per gallon. Normally I use a mix of damsons and sloes but this year got so many damsons I didn't bother with the sloes as they're a pain to pick in any quantity.

Haha I know what you mean about picking them...my tree is about 5 years old and around 20 ft high, and it's only this year started producing good quantity of fruit, a pain to get the top ones.

Have you ever added any extra flavours post fermentation and racking before ?

Interesting read that "recurpee" haha collecting rain water is an unusual thing I must say....but hay that's what a keen brewer is all about experimenting to get the best out of whatever works

If you buy another get one with ridges round the outer edge of the lid my ritches one has these and it's 100% airtight the other without them isn't. :thumba:

I cannot find a picture of a Richies FV lid but this is the type of thing i meant above the ridges make the edge a lot stiffer and the lid still snaps on and is airtight on 3 years after i bought it.

bbbbbb.jpg

I cannot find a picture of a Richies FV lid but this is the type of thing i meant above the ridges make the edge a lot stiffer and the lid still snaps on and is airtight on 3 years after i bought it.

bbbbbb.jpg
Yea I've seen them ones, ok thanks CT any joy with the message I sent you regarding supporting member please?

I ferment my wines initially in a 5 gall king keg then transfer to demijohns max 4 gall at a time though! Seems to work well for me

Latest posts

Back