Possible infection?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil1987

Reaction score
Hi when I was making my lasted batch of mangrovejacks helles I accidentally dropped the packed of yeast in the wort so I quickly fished it out and crossed mu fingers today I went to dry hop and seen this is this normal or possibly humped?

Attachments

• 20221109_175038.jpg
    20221109_175038.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 5
Good it seems to have stopped at 1.020 the chart said it was ment to stop fermenting at 1.014

I've had it fermenting at around 18.2 give or take .4 was thinking about heating it to 19 degrees

My first thought on seeing this thread title - before clicking this was - Oh I hope you're ok.... then realised you mean in your fermenter 😄

I'm with the others on this - looks fine, but have a taste anyway to check.

My first thought on seeing this thread title - before clicking this was - Oh I hope you're ok.... then realised you mean in your fermenter 😄

I'm with the others on this - looks fine, but have a taste anyway to check.
Cant switch off the Doctor eh 😂

I do hope no one takes your post as a green light to start looking for opinions on other infections tbh....

Yeah tastes not to bad its taking a lot longer to finish up than I had thought what's the max recommended time to dry hop for I put them in on Wednesday was hoping to bottle today but it's still bot stable gravity yet

Yeah tastes not to bad its taking a lot longer to finish up than I had thought what's the max recommended time to dry hop for I put them in on Wednesday was hoping to bottle today but it's still bot stable gravity yet
What's the hydrometer reading?

Yea give it a bit of time also you could up the temp by 0.5 deg per day up to 24 deg. Then leave it there for a few days. Ive been doing this for my last few brews and seems to work out well.

buddsy

I font like beers too hoppy that's why I try to dry hop for 3 days I'm guessing the longer j leave it the more hoppy it will become?

As I understand if you dry hop longer than 5days it can become grassy. You can just remove the hops.

Buddsy

Back