Potton calling

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenhorn

Regular.
Reaction score
Morning all.

My name's Rich and I like beer.

My local is a proper good ale pub (currently 21 pumps on) and over the years I've been chatting to the landlord and generally building an interest in beer, over and above just drinking the stuff.

He's been mulling the idea of starting up a micro-brewery on site and that got me thinking about the brewing process.

Long story short, Mrs (or Dr, officially) Greenhorn bought me a Youngs AIPA for Christmas and I'm just waiting for the boiled water to cool a bit so I can proof my yeast before getting it brewing.

I'm a real fan of forums, having built up a lot of knowledge from various motorbike based ones over the years. They're such a good way of finding stuff out and talking to like-minded folk. So I'll probably be taking up my fair share of room on here if that's ok with you chaps.

And the other stuff... I'm 39, live in a village called Potton, which is between Bedford and Cambridge, and have two small people.

Welcome to the forum.

Convince your local to set up a small brewery on site. Pub a few miles away has one in the garage and only brews to sell in the pub.

Convincing him isn't a problem.

The brewery who own the pub are pretty good about giving him free reign over what beers he puts on (hence the 21 pumps), but they may draw the line at him actually brewing his own beer. He's working on it though.

The pub even has a fully working well, which providing the quality was good enough, we could even use to provide the water.:whistle:

Latest posts

Back