Price Hikes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As mentioned already, different companies will have different lag times for cost increases. A downside to a high turnover would be a short lag time in price increases but on the plus side, if prices drop, they're not stuck with a few tonnes of over priced malt and can pass on the savings much quicker.

I can't imagine brexit isn't in the equation either. That could be a sticky price increase as opposed to war time price increases and post covid pent up demand being unleashed.

Apropos of brexit, I've no idea if UK companies were doing a lot of cross channel business, that could also have an effect. I had a brain fart and forgot about beexit and ordered £150 of stuff from MM to the EU. Got hit for £90 fees and tarrifs on my side (mostly customs processing fees from DHL).

While the likes of Ali express can afford to do the EU customs stuff on their side, I can imagine it would be an unbearable burden on relatively small businesses like homebrew suppliers.

I know there's a lot of greedflation at the moment but I don't think the likes of MM got in to this business to fleece their customers.

Just my 2 cents pence

Latest posts

Back