Quick Brew Ideas

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Due to my Session IPA getting the pox I need something that I can brew up and drink quickly as I am down to my last two bottles of stout.

I've got Pilsner, Maris Otter, Wheat malt and loads of adjunts.

Yeast wise I've got US-05, S-04, West Yorkshire Ale, Belgian Strong and Trappist High Gravity.

I'm guessing something simple and hoppy using S-04 but I'll try what ever anyone can suggest.

Due to my Session IPA getting the pox I need something that I can brew up and drink quickly as I am down to my last two bottles of stout.

I've got Pilsner, Maris Otter, Wheat malt and loads of adjunts.

Yeast wise I've got US-05, S-04, West Yorkshire Ale, Belgian Strong and Trappist High Gravity.

I'm guessing something simple and hoppy using S-04 but I'll try what ever anyone can suggest.

Do you have good temp control? You could order a kveik, get it delivered, ferment at 38 and be drinking it before s-04 has reached high krausen!

Perhaps a Weissbier just wheat and Pilsner malt you would probably want to get some appropriate hops and yeast but defiantly a beer that would be ready to drink quickly.

(sorry like all people who have only recently developed a taste for a particular style I have become somewhat of an evangelist for it The Greg Hughes recipe is excellent).

I'm going with a quick golden ale.

Batch size 23L
S.G 1.043
F.G 1.009
EBC 7.6
IBU 36

Grain Bill
4.1KG Maris Otter
0.2KG Torrefied Wheat

Hop Schedule
10g EKG @ First Wort
10g Challenger @ First Wort
20g Challenger @ 60 Mins
15g EKG @ 15 Mins
10g Fuggles @ 15 Mins

Yeast
S-04 as its the fastest thing I have in stock that isn't ear marked for something else.

Other Additions
0.5 Protofloc Tablet @ 10 Mins
05 tsp gelatine - Cold Crash

I think this will be a quick turnaround, 5 days primary, 36 hours Cold Crash, 24 hours to Carbonate and on Draft in 9 days or so and I can probably do it this morning.

Back