Quick question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulza

Paulza
Reaction score
I have done a few IPA brews and now want to try a pilsner lager so i have a kit from wilko my question is can i add my own hops ? And if yes what method is best to add them ?

Hi thanks for the reply
Its a tin of extract

Either a hop tea or a dry hop.

A hop tea is adding water that has been infused with the hops. So, add hops to a pot of hot water, leave to cool, then strain.

A dry hop is adding some hops in a weighted bag to the beer about 5 days before bottling.

Saaz is a go-to hop for a lager style beer.

I got some flavouring bags from the brew store it says keep for half an hour in hot water then add to the fermenter is this after fermentation or during ?

Sorry for the dumb questions 😔

I got some flavouring bags from the brew store it says keep for half an hour in hot water then add to the fermenter is this after fermentation or during ?

Sorry for the dumb questions 😔

After the initial ferment has finished (3-4 days) and up to the time of bottling.

There are no dumb questions on homebrewing, mate, but I have seen the odd dumb answer.

Ask away! We were all learners once.:lol:

Thanks again great help i will keep you posted on how it goes really enjoying the brewing 😀

Latest posts

Back