Removing labels

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boiling water and steel wool pan scrubber and let loose with some elbow grease. I find filling the bottles with very hot water for 10 mins and leaving, then running boiling water over the label and scouring it. Works even on the foil/plastic ones.

Harder ones like Brewdog's will come off if you fill the bottle with boiling water.

Bingo, tried filling some Brewdog bottles like this last night and the labels peeled off easily. Still left that hideous sticky glue residue however, so I'll try the WD40 trick on that next.

I don't bother I just write brew on lid with sharpie. Life's too short
I thought I would just buy different colored crown caps and use different ones each brew day, now I have a garage full of different colored capped bottles and not much of a clue on what’s in each !,

I thought I would just buy different colored crown caps and use different ones each brew day, now I have a garage full of different colored capped bottles and not much of a clue on what’s in each !,

I do that but against my recipe notes i write down what colour bottle cap I used. ;)

Dishwasher works a treat.. Interrupt it halfway through a 70 degree wash and let the stream do its work... Paper labels just fall off at this point.

Back