Returnee

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afur

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am Arthur, I'm from Glasgow, Scotland.

A few years ago I made several kits and was reasonably happy with the results. Most of the beers I made had a certain twang to them. This was possibly as I had no control over temperature and SWMBO loves a hot house.
I also made several fruit flavoured drinks, mainly because I have a sweet tooth.

In the end I stopped, and when moving house I got rid of my fermenter.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a cooper fermenter from gumtree. This time round I will be brewing in a corner of my shed, not the biggest space but it'll do for now.

I am now on the lookout for a low cost fridge, and will run electrics to the shed. I will also use an ink bird or stc1000. I want to go all grain but probably not full size batches, maybe 10 litres.
I would love to buy an all in one such as the breezily but cost is prohibitive right now, so I am weighing up my options.

I will be around but maybe not post too much as right now my knowledge is limited to kits, although I've watched almost every YouTube video.

Hi everyone,

I am Arthur, I'm from Glasgow, Scotland.

A few years ago I made several kits and was reasonably happy with the results. Most of the beers I made had a certain twang to them. This was possibly as I had no control over temperature and SWMBO loves a hot house.
I also made several fruit flavoured drinks, mainly because I have a sweet tooth.

In the end I stopped, and when moving house I got rid of my fermenter.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a cooper fermenter from gumtree. This time round I will be brewing in a corner of my shed, not the biggest space but it'll do for now.

I am now on the lookout for a low cost fridge, and will run electrics to the shed. I will also use an ink bird or stc1000. I want to go all grain but probably not full size batches, maybe 10 litres.
I would love to buy an all in one such as the breezily but cost is prohibitive right now, so I am weighing up my options.

I will be around but maybe not post too much as right now my knowledge is limited to kits, although I've watched almost every YouTube video.
Hi and welcome to the forum. Get posting and get to know the folks, read the posts as there is no harm in being fore warned with knowledge and besides they're not a bad bunch.

Cheers guys.

My other main (for what it's worth) interest is running, anything from 3k to ultra marathons. Good way to keep beer belly at bay.

And if you tell us what sort of beer you like members will be able to give to some recommendations.

Personally I drink more lager than any other style but I have and do drink anything. Not too keen on IPAs though but that may just have been the few I've tried. Once I am up and running I will make various styles until I find a few that I really like.

Personally I drink more lager than any other style but I have and do drink anything. Not too keen on IPAs though but that may just have been the few I've tried. Once I am up and running I will make various styles until I find a few that I really like.
Sadly I think lagers are the poor relation of beer kits. However the Coopers Euro kit turns out OK, and is worth the recommended wait of about 12 weeks. It also comes with lager yeast (unlike most kit lagers which have an ale yeast) so now the weather has got cooler you should be able to ferment cool say about 15-16*C, although lower temperatures may cause it to stall. Review here
https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/coopers-european-lager-review.17845

I bet there will be a lot of cheap second hand ‘all in one’ units on the market in a few months.

Welcome mate
Pm me your address and full name and I will send you an inkbird temp controller
It’s reconditioned but works fine.
It’s in my attic though so give me a couple of days!

Welcome mate
Pm me your address and full name and I will send you an inkbird temp controller
It’s reconditioned but works fine.
It’s in my attic though so give me a couple of days!

I've sent you a message. ^^^^star^^^

It’s on its way mate, I forgot to tell you the cost
1 of your finest homebrews athumb..
Thank you very much. Once I've got a decent beer made I'll get your address and drop some off. 👍👍👍

Cheers Clint. I've Done a few coppers and a couple of others that my lhbs had in stock. I'll take a trip to it soon, but its other side of the city. It's like an Aladdin's cave, must have over 100 different kits in stock at any time. Their website is not great though.

Cheers Clint. I've Done a few coppers and a couple of others that my lhbs had in stock. I'll take a trip to it soon, but its other side of the city. It's like an Aladdin's cave, must have over 100 different kits in stock at any time. Their website is not great though.
Is it in Partick
Glenbrew?

Cheers Clint. I've Done a few coppers and a couple of others that my lhbs had in stock. I'll take a trip to it soon, but its other side of the city. It's like an Aladdin's cave, must have over 100 different kits in stock at any time. Their website is not great though

Latest posts

Back