Scottish National Homebrew Competition 2024

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last minute entry here, first time entering a proper national competition - excited 😆

Am I reading the rules right you have to send 3 x 330ml bottles?

Haven't totally finished digesting all the rules yet but it looks like you don't label the bottles, but rather print out some accompanying paperwork?

Also, if you enter 2 different beers do you know if they have to go in one box (tricky) or is they can be boxed separately (easier)?

Yep, 3 bottles of 330ml or larger. The bottles should have no identifying features, other than the label you print out from the website. You can stick that on with some clear sellotape.

I usually stick all my beers in one box. When they are received at the other end they will be sorted into the correct grouping.

Yep, 3 bottles of 330ml or larger. The bottles should have no identifying features, other than the label you print out from the website. You can stick that on with some clear sellotape.

I usually stick all my beers in one box. When they are received at the other end they will be sorted into the correct grouping.
I have plenty of old shoes boxes which will easily take 3 x 330ml bottles, the issue would be quickly finding a bigger one if I do decide to enter a second beer.

I have plenty of old shoes boxes which will easily take 3 x 330ml bottles, the issue would be quickly finding a bigger one if I do decide to enter a second beer.

Sorry, thought you were concerned about beers getting muddled up. I don't see any reason why sending them in separate boxes would be an issue.

Last minute entry here, first time entering a proper national competition - excited 😆

Haven't totally finished digesting all the rules yet but it looks like you don't label the bottles, but rather print out some accompanying paperwork?

Also, if you enter 2 different beers do you know if they have to go in one box (tricky) or is they can be boxed separately (easier)?
You print off the labels via your competition login and stick those to each bottle to identify your entry.i usually put tape on the back of the label before taping to the bottle so condensation doesn't ruin the paper.You could send different entries in separate boxes, as long as your 3 samples arrive together in the same box I would say that would be fine.

330ml is the minimum size of each bottle.
I wouldn't have thought it's a problem to send separately, though I am only an entrant, not an organiser.

Gotta get mine ready tonight for shipping. Always exciting. Looking like some amazing sponsors so I imagine winners will get some good prizes!

Turns out my 1 box or 2 dilemma is now academic as I hadn't realised I needed to register my 2nd beer yesterday - DOH! 😣😂

Getting the 1st one boxed up now so not the end of the world, lesson learned for next time.

Didn't get a chance to get out yesterday to ship my bottles due to snow (Scottish Highlands). Hopefully can get the car out of the village to get to the post office at lunch time! And then who knows if there will be delays in the shipping itself, because that often happens with the weather.

How are people sending there bottles my local PO has said I can only send 2 bottles not 3!

Strictly speaking Royal Mail is up to 1l. So 3 x 330ml bottles works, or simply don't tell them the truth.

Other companies have different restrictions.

Edit - see clarification below.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back