Selection Vieux Chateau Du Roi 30 Bottle kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bellarmine

Reaction score
Has anybody tried the more expensive wine kits such as the Selection Vieux Chateau Du Roi 30 Bottle kit @ £68.35 is the extra money worth it. This just could be a silly question but I thought I would ask...

I have been more than pleased with the wine of the kits costing £39.00 can it get any better :cheers:

I have yet to go beyond about £45 for the likes of Beverdale and Cal Con kits, which always turn out great. I work on the principal if it costs more to buy a kit than wine in the supermarket it ain't worth it. But then I am a wine philistine. :grin:

I've got this one to bottle next weekend , great hopes for it.

My LHBS owner said he made this and left it for 12 months and then bought a £30 bottle of chateau neuf de pape from a wine merchants to compare.

He reckoned the Selection was better.

Pearlfisher said:
I've got this one to bottle next weekend , great hopes for it.

My LHBS owner said he made this and left it for 12 months and then bought a £30 bottle of chateau neuf de pape from a wine merchants to compare.

He reckoned the Selection was better.

I am the top wine philistine but in my humble opinion the Beaverdale Rioja I bottled and left for just 50 days was better than the wines that allegedly cost £30.00 plus but hey Im like Sgt Shultz "I know Nothing" Can't wait for the Beaverdale Chateau Du Roi 30 Bottle kit @ £39.49. It will be in time for Christmas. :drunk:

Tried a few of the selection kits. Bottom line,you get what you pay for. Better than Cal Con/Beaverdale by a country mile. There used to be a 4.5lt kit available from Selection, but seem as rare as hens' teeth at the moment.
Really like the Shiraz Cab (supping some now)

Back