Short measures

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carbonated beer came measured - bar staff would literally press a button for a half, then again to fill it. So they had to have oversized glasses.
Just asked the wife. She doesn't remember the pre-measures, but very much used to serve beer in oversized glasses.

We used to serve beer from measured electric pumps i cannot find a picture but ours had a switch like the one below not a button we also served into oversize pint glasses that were the same shape as the one below.

1716751551746.png
1716751646408.png

1716751390937.png

We used to serve beer from measured electric pumps i cannot find a picture but ours had a switch like the one below not a button we also served into oversize pint glasses that were the same shape as the one below.

View attachment 99938View attachment 99939

View attachment 99937
Yup. Those were the ones I remembered with the button, but I do also remember the switches.
Southerners I guess will have no idea what you're talking about - never ever seen them down here.

It’s not just beer, you’ve got to watch them on the optics. I’ve seen plenty of short measure poured because they didn’t wait for it to fully refill.

and always have the ice added (if that’s your thing) after the measure is poured.

I spent the lockdown watching this oddly....it's not you is it!
What a belle-ende. Not you, Will, the northern dwarf. Not only does he not know which orifice to pour his beer into, but, having obviously spent loads fitting out his bar, he doesn't seem to have got the bar height right.
So do northerners not drink bottled beers, then? And do all homebrewers north of Winchester have handpumps?
Do the beer festivals in sub-hadrian's lands fit sparklers to their gravity fed casks?
"I drink with my eyes" indeed, and talk through my 'arris!

There, morning rant over. I feel I can get up now and it's going to be a glorious day. Thank you, Will.

Latest posts

Back