Show us your labels and pump clips

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my simple effort. Done in Gimp :thumb:

Though I usually just write on my bottles with a chalk pen, which can look really cool if I take my time.

I probably ejoy making labels and pump clips too much.

Pump clips

wpid-beer-engine-wooden.jpg

wpid-IMG_18671127319311.jpeg

Labels
I started off with this style.
wpid-IMG_18804728088371.jpeg

then had fun playing around

wpid-IMAG1411-1.jpg

wpid-IMAG1473-2.jpg

Thanks Ceejay.
I'm really lucky cause I have access to graphic design software and decent printers at work for sneaky label making.

I do really enjoy it.

Eli
They are brilliant!
I like all of the styles and IMHO they look as good, no, better than many of the ones done by commercial brewers.

Do you use gummy paper of something else?
Do you cut them by hand?

VERY impressed. :hat:

Hey Maysie,
I use normal print paper normally and cut them with a knife and ruler.
For the saison ones I bough "posh" printer paper which was a little bit thicker and kind of mottled looking.

It's actually really easy to do labels, just takes a wee bit of imagination and some time.

I usually stick the labels on with milk, unless i'm giving them to folk in which case i'll use pritt stick. (even pritt stick comes off easy in hot water)

Eli_D said:
I usually stick the labels on with milk, unless i'm giving them to folk in which case i'll use pritt stick. (even pritt stick comes off easy in hot water)

Great labels, makes the beer taste better :)

+1 for Pritt stick, I used to use milk but found that the labels came off too easily, Pritt stick is very easy to remove and the labels stay in place for longer

Just a thought but has anyone tried Spraymount for sticking labels? We used to use it at work for mounting plans onto display board. There is also a stronger version called Photomount.

They look suberb Eli! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I use milk and sometimes pritt stik. The problem is that, in a damp shed and sometimes when they finally chill in the kitchen fridge, the labels crumple. Maybe it's just the fact it's plain paper?

this is my first attempt, a pun i couldn't leave unintended :D

1488141_666144680073518_1051729734_n.jpg

The car on the label is mine, my other hobby :)

Thought I'd share a pumpclip I'm working on.
It started off as an entry into a local competition where there was a competition between two local brewers but they wanted square and I hadn't read the rules properly - ah well.

So I'm tweaking it for me to use.

The shape is based on the windows of the Scottish parliament which is in Edinburgh and the landscape is the silhouette of the parliament and the hill behind it (Arthur's Seat).
Not 100% sure of the colours yet but quite liking the funky shape.

Makes me wonder... how many of us like to go with something quirky for our own labels and clips and how many like a nice simple design that's easy to cut out?

PUMPCLIP-golden.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back