Small wine bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichieBeer

Reaction score
My wife often gets those small "single serve" wine bottles from the supermarket - 187ml mostly. Her thinking being if she gets normal sized bottles once she opens one she'll finish it before the evening is out. Getting the small ones means she can just have one whenever.

Anyway, has anyone used these for beer? I thought they'd make good "tasters" to hand out to people or to bottle up the last of the beer from the FV. They come with screw caps, but then again so do PET bottles.

this sort of thing...
750-ml-wine-and-187-ml-wine-bottle-side-by-side.jpg

There not designed to take pressure, 1/4 bottles of prosecco would be what you want if going down that route. I would be more inclined to use a small swing top bottle like a 330ml grolsch.

I do use the wine 1/4 bottles when bottling wine for whatever amount is left over that doesn't quite fill a full bottle.

Yes, What Chewie said.

You might get away with it, given the small size of the bottle, but why take the risk when you can get 12x 250ml bottles of lemonade in PET bottles, from any supermarket?

Back