Smart speakers.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Is anyone really surprised they have been secretly listening to you?

One of the reasons we never bought one was my suspicion like certain tellys with built in microphones that they had the ability to be used to hear private conversations.

Is anyone really surprised they have been secretly listening to you?

One of the reasons we never bought one was my suspicion like certain tellys with built in microphones that they had the ability to be used to hear private conversations.

Chippy once you connect anything up to the internet or cell - you're fair game :eek:

My TV is a few years old so I doubt it has a microphone and it's rarely on when I am on my own.

Sod it, let them listen.
If they want to spy on me talking about my day at work with the missus, or asking girl-spawn how her home work is coming along - they can fill their boots

We also have one in our bedroom, again if they want to hear me shagging for 3 hours and giving the lucky lady 47 orgasms on the trot - more than welcome ...

I did a course last year at HP and the printer/copiers have a listening device installed and can be turned on when in Government buildings etc.

I wouldn't say it's secret, haven't they said all along that they listen. Now they are saying that humans are doing the listening. Mobile phones have been doing it for years. Let them listen. If it is used to catch one terrorist or after listening to me constantly yelling at the kids and make a device to make kids listen then it is worth it.

So the controllers of the world want to listen to my lot ask Alexa to fart....... well I never (confused as f*ck icon)

Back