Ss Brewtech Kettle

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lodainn

Reaction score
Hi,

i am just introducing myself to BIAB brewing, pretty much starting from scratch. I've done a couple of extract kit brews and owned a couple of pinters.

I have a plentiful supply of propane so have decided to go down this route. I will also be brewing outside so this helps a little.

I was going to buy a 10 gallon Ss Brewtech kettle - the TC one due to availability - trying to brew 23 ltrs into the fermenter that will then be bottled.

There are a number of accessories available for the kettle. I don't want to just buy everything 😀

Is a false bottom useful with BIAB?
Will a whirlpool accessory help with clearer wort into the fermenter?
Does the false bottom negate the benefits of the whirlpool?

Many thanks,

G

Hi, a false bottom is very useful as it keeps the bag away from the heat source, whirlpooling is a means of getting all the hop matter in a cone and prevents blockages some do it some don't, i just stir with my metal paddle then wait 15 minutes or so before draining into the fv

Hi, a false bottom is very useful as it keeps the bag away from the heat source, whirlpooling is a means of getting all the hop matter in a cone and prevents blockages some do it some don't, i just stir with my metal paddle then wait 15 minutes or so before draining into the fv

Thank you very much. Very helpful.

Latest posts

Back