SS conical fermenter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukesharpe

Reaction score
To finish off my SS setup I'm looking at a conical fermenter. The Blichmann conical from Hop and Grape is going for £624, which is nice but I am having trouble justifying the price. I'm come across a place in China that does similar. Linky Does anyone have any experience of these fermenters? They are supposed to be weldless inside.

Ollie

lukesharpe said:
To finish off my SS setup I'm looking at a conical fermenter. The Blichmann conical from Hop and Grape is going for £624, which is nice but I am having trouble justifying the price. I'm come across a place in China that does similar. Linky Does anyone have any experience of these fermenters? They are supposed to be weldless inside.

Ollie
They certainly look good :thumb:
Wonder how much they are? bet the postage would be astronomical. (used spell checker on that big word) :whistle: :whistle:

Aleman said:
There is a company in Staffordshire that has asked about bringing these in before . . . they already bring in the commercial size . . . . a uk company that will be importing a batch of conicals from china

Direct Link to the HB Conicals . . . Largest is about £450 IIRC

This is the thread that they and others were discussed in

Got a quote back from Willis.

50 litre £ 580.00
65 litre £ 625.00

That is including VAT. However, he quoted me £75 for delivery to Hertfordshire. I'm tempted by the 65 litre. It's the same price as the Blichmann 50 litre. I'd be collecting it though at the cost of that delivery.

Dayu in China quoted me $490 for the 55 litre version. But you'd have to add VAT, duty and delivery on to that.

Ollie

The oily bits one has that stupid lip which traps yeast. . . The other one can be had from tanks direct for similar amounts of money and is very good apart from having to make a rotating racking arm for it. . .The Shiney ones come complete with Triclover sanitary butterfly valves (which add about 125 quid to the price!)

been a lot of talk about these chinese fermentors on probrewer, apparantly quite a few of the big industrial shineys have been going rusty and attract magnets........

they seem to be using low grade non foodsafe stainless. At least in their earlier examples anyway. Hopefully this will have changed by now

make sure its up to scratch if you get one

vigo plastics are sub 60 quid plus the postage, save yourself a lot of dosh ,buy one of them and a few rolls of silver gaffer , some tin foil ,et voila!

nowt wrong with plastic fermentors me little kit runs off them.......

i have got some shiney though :D

Latest posts

Back