St Peter's Cream Stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewbob

Regular.
Reaction score
Well the weather is turning unfortunately so I thought I'd get a couple of new brews on, my LHBS is always well stocked and often has new things, this time I found St Peter's Cream Stout and a limited edition Festival brew so I snapped them up. I've put the stout on and reckon that will go in the bottles, as soon as thats done I'll get the Festival brew on and by the time that is finished my Wilko Golden keg should be finished so it can go in there.

The stout came in at about 1048 and at the moment is blowing away like Billy-O, a very lively ferment. I'm quite looking forward to this as I've not yet done a dark beer, and by the time this one is ready I should have enough stock together to put a couple away and see how they develop...

Well the brew is settling down nicely, dipped it and its about 1015. I'll leave it a few more days so it's had 2wks ferment. Then I'll bottle it and stash it somewhere dark for a few months. Couldn't resist a cheeky taste and so far it tastes good, can't wait for it to be conditioned properly

Bottled this last night . I batch primed with 85g of sugar, had another cheeky sup and I reckon once its conditioned it'll be a corker. Nice burnt tones, no twang, just need to leave it until Xmas/new year. Even the missus had a few sips, normally before the beer i s ready she barely lets it touch her lips, then again she does like a dark beer. I'll keep it in the kitchen until the weekend then pop it at the back of the garage and wait :whistle:

I was surprised at how low the OG was (1038) when I started this kit. Six days in the FV and the reading is 1016. At this rate I think I'll be lucky to get above 3% ABV. Is this usual, as on the pack it says it should reach an average of 5%.?

Mine's quite strong, 3pts and you know you've had some. I love it, will definitely do it again sometime

Back