St Peters Cream Stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Gazza,
The last one I did, to the kit I added
650g Dextrose
250g Muscovado
80g Treacle
200g Lactose
Fermented with CML Midland
O.G 1.057
F.G 1.016
5.4% abv

I actually went back to The Range this morning, and bought a Stout kit, so I’m going to give it a go. I’ve got this and a IPA to do now, s9 that should keep me happy. What was the final abv of your brew?
The last Range stout was the kit plus 500g dextrose and 400g brown sugar. 18 litres at 5.8%.

I actually went back to The Range this morning, and bought a Stout kit, so I’m going to give it a go. I’ve got this and a IPA to do now, s9 that should keep me happy. What was the final abv of your brew?
Well I decided to do the stout ahead of the IPA. I thought long and hard about adding coffee etc, but as I don’t know what this kit would taste like once finished, I decided to just follow the instructions, and see what happens. My thinking was that as I wouldn‘t know how it would normally come out if I made changes, I wanted to know what I’d like to change for future reference (if that makes sense). The only change I made was that I only had 0.75kg of brewing sugar, so I topped it up to 1kg using soft brown sugar. The hydrometer reading at the start was 1.044, so we‘ll see how it turns out.

Back