stratford pubs???

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stratford-Upon-Avon (Shakespears birthplace), or Stratford, London (home to the London 2012 Olympic Games)?

There's a big difference.

Crastney said:
Stratford-Upon-Avon (Shakespears birthplace), or Stratford, London (home to the London 2012 Olympic Games)?

There's a big difference.

There are also four Stratfords in Bucks: Stony (north-west MK) Old (north-west MK) Fenny (south MK) and Water (Oxon border)

There used to be a camping shop in Stratford-upon-Avon. When it had a sale, it advertised: "Now is the discount of our winter tents." :grin:

wigwamheed said:
london one im down forra week on the aquatics centre

Caution - I've only walked past this place and never actually been in, and it's not a traditional pub, but it looked interesting from the outside :)

Tap East brewpub

bunkerbrewer said:
wigwamheed said:
london one im down forra week on the aquatics centre

Caution - I've only walked past this place and never actually been in, and it's not a traditional pub, but it looked interesting from the outside :)

Tap East brewpub

I'd go in there - the Rake is a great pub, if they have had a hand in it then there'll be a great selection of beers :thumb:

I could have addvised you on Stratford on Avon, used to live there many moons ago.

Got no idea for Stratford in Londinium :)

SoA has one of the more unusual pub names, the Lamplighter, apparently quite rare for a pub, not just in the UK.

Tap East has had good recomendations, and as stated The Rake and Uto Beer have a hand in it, so definietly worth a visit.
Not sure about pubs actually in Stratford itself though, they'll probably be along the lines of traditional working class local boozers, and Weatherspoons. Both of which could have their downsides. Tap East is in the new Westfield shopping centre, so probably ok.

... but as you're in a location linked by numerous public transport options it would be better to travel a bit to other parts of London to find really decent pubs. There are far too many to mention to be honest, but you're on the central line, the jubilee line, the DLR, a quick train direct to St Pancras/Kings Cross/Euston, The London Overground Northern Line (right the way round to Richmond or Clapham), and many bus routes.

The Market Porter, in Borough Market, near London Bridge is one I'd suggest you go to if you have time.
Also if you don't mind getting a taxi, or a bit of a shlep on a bus, try to get to The Dove on Broadway Market, in Hackney.

Back