Tea.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stopped drinking coffee a few years ago as I couldn't find an instant I liked, the wife recently bought a coffee machine and I gave it a try and liked it, I now have a cup of tea in the morning and coffee at night.

@Chippy_Tea have you tried the Kenco red jar, the smooth one? It's yummy. And I DESPISE coffee.
I think I have tried them all, my taste buds ain't what they used to be probably why the strong flavoured coffee I make with the machine are now my favourites.

I drink quite a lot of tea, probably 10-15 cups throughout the day. It’s a good way to ensure I get enough fluids in me just in case I don’t have enough beer in the evening 😂
15 cups of tea a day

Don't know how much time you sleep for but surely by most people's standards that is almost one cup for every hour you are awake? ashock1 Your electric bill must be maahoosive for all those kettle boils.

I used to work with a guy and i kid you not his cup rarely got the opportunity to go cold, he must have p*****d tea :laugh8:

Are the Bialetti pots big/well known in the UK?

Some members use them but i have never owned one i have one of these -

There is a long thread about these machines - Electric Coffee machines (under £100) | The Homebrew Forum - Homebrewing Forums

1629733490605.png

Tea is naturally caffeinated, I assume.
I drink decaf apple & cinnamon-flavored stuff. Switched to that because my cats would drink out of my water glass if I wasn't paying attention. Worse, if there's only a bit in the glass, they'd stick their heads in and get stuck-ish trying to reach or they'd simply knock my glass over.

Another vote for loose leaf tea - which I drink throughout the day, usually two or three top ups with boiling water for one batch of tea leaves. At work, it was a good reason to stretch my legs and walk to the kitchen.

I was once mistaken for carrying my tea pot and cup on a silver tray into a meeting - until I pointed out it was the metal side of my iPad 😁!

I did try loose leaf tea in the tea pot with one of those strainer things and i did think it was better than tea bags but its a bit of a faff as i was told you shouldn't put the leaves down the sink as they can block it, that may be an old wives tale.

15 cups of tea a day

Don't know how much time you sleep for but surely by most people's standards that is almost one cup for every hour you are awake? ashock1 Your electric bill must be maahoosive for all those kettle boils.

I have an instant boiling water tap. Yep, both my main sources of fluid intake are on tap 😉

I once put a litre cafeteria of Italian Coffee in a cheap stout kit and 500g of Extra Dark Malt. That became my nightly coffee for 40 days. It tastes far better than anything you can make in a <£100 coffee machine.

As far daily daytime beverage I’ll whatever is on offer.

Latest posts

Back