Tesco beer sale.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
SWMBO has just got back from town with several cheap bottles of beer she said they had other beers and there were plenty on the shelves. (we only have a small Tesco)

Hobgoblin 500 ml - 90 pence.

Adams ghost ship 500 ml - £1:20

Old speckled Hen 500 ml - £1:20

Held my breath there for a second, I remember the days when the Tesco Homebrew sale would be announced and I'd be off to get the Brew Enhancer for £3.75 and the John Bull kits for £9.00.

Held my breath there for a second, I remember the days when the Tesco Homebrew sale would be announced and I'd be off to get the Brew Enhancer for £3.75 and the John Bull kits for £9.00.

I used to fill my boots with WinBuddy Sav blanc 30 bottle wine kits when the sale was on its a bummer they have finished.

Just been to my local Tescos, had White Shield and Old Empire at £1.17, plus a number of the 330 ml craft beers (mainly lagers) at the same price. I also got 2 four packs of Punk IPA for £9. Now sat in the garden with a cold glass of Mad Goose.

Just asked SWMBO and she says it did say "to clear" but a lot of the beers were normal price, i have checked the sell by date and its 28 Feb 19 so they are not unloading old stock, i wonder what is going on.
Winter stock out, summer stock in. At least that's what's happening in the Netherlands atm. To make place for the Spring Bock, the Winter Bocks have to go. Doubles out, Sessions in. Porters out, Saisons in. Gooses out, and... nah, nobody cares about them.

Had a couple of bottles last night so have restocked today and now have -

3 x Banks's amber ale

3 x Proper Job (Cornsh IPA)

2 x Adnams ghost ship

6 x Hobgoblins.

That'll keep me going for a while.

Last edited:
SWMBO just picked up the Marston/Wychwood 6 Golden Ales box for £5.93. Starting to have plenty to keep me going until my brews condition.

Had a couple of bottles last night so have restocked today and now have -

3 x Banks's amber ale

3 x Proper Job (Cornsh IPA)

2 x Adnams ghost ship

6 x Hobgoblins.

That'll keep me going for a while.

Honestly, you really should get yourself some AG kit. A 15L pot and some net curtain material, a few hops, crushed pale ale malt and off you go.

You can make at least as good as those beers. Anyone can. Fully costed, kit included price of the best beer you can get is around £1 a Litre.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, you really should get yourself some AG kit. A 15L pot and some net curtain material, a few hops, crushed pale ale malt and off you go

SWMBO doesn't drink beer and we don't have the room to make wine and beer at the same time i also have no means of cooling which would be a problem in the summer months (wine is not effected by the temperatures in this country), i only started drinking bottled beer fairly recently (used to only drink lager) and i am finding the new experience a good one, i also suffer from gout and have noticed it is brought on by drinking beer so i have to be a bit careful how much i drink wine doesn't give me gout so i tend to have a couple of beers then move on to the wine.

Latest posts

Back