The Hot Break Weekend 2012

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 123

Reaction score
The Hot Break

We are excited to announce that The Homebrew Forum have joined up with Barlow Brewery, http://www.barlowbrewery.co.uk, to host The Hot Break. The dates for this year's weekend event will be Friday 3rd - Sunday 5th August.

The weekend will be held at the Barlow Brewery in Derbyshire. Glyn Sanderson, brewery owner, has offered us the use of his facilities for the weekend. On top of running this year's beer competition on Saturday 4th August we are also hoping to offer other extra facilities and capacity that we hope will prove popular with the forum members.

• The brewery is situated on the edge of the Peak District near to Chesterfield and close to J29 on the M1. Barlow Brewery Location
• The Brewery is a 2.5bbl setup in farm buildings, there is a separate bar area and also a courtyard.
• The brewery owns a marquee that will be used in the courtyard to host the competition and also to give shelter in the evenings if required.
• There are BBQ facilities in the courtyard.
• The farm has a large area and is able to cope with nearly 75 tents, caravans or motor homes. There is also local B&Bs available.
• Camping facilities are basic but we will be organising portaloos for the weekend.
• There will be a small charge per tent (tbc but around £4 or £5 for weekend).
• The local environs has excellent trout fisheries and and also tracks for mountain biking.

Most of the detail has still to be worked through but we wanted to let our members know as early as possible that the date has been booked. We hope to be able to give details of our beer classes for the competition and registration details very soon so that you can organise your brewing schedule.

The weekend is intended as a social event where members can get together for a few beers. All members are welcome to come along whether brewing and entering the competition, staying for the weekend or just visiting for the day.

Many thanks to Robbarwell for suggesting the venue and also for making contact with Glyn so that we could put the dates in the calendar.

THBF would also like to thank Dunfie for making this happen :clap:

Excellent news.

Well done and thankyou to all the team who are putting in the effort to organise this.

Must start treating SWMBO nicely so I'm allowed a weekend pass.

We are waiting for some more photos of Barlow Brewery and the camping area but here is one of the courtyard and marquee.

Marquee.jpg

I'll be there...... :thumb: :thumb:
My mum will also be relieved to find out I'm not too far down south this year, she was worried about her little soldier last year who'd ventured out of Yorkshire..lol ;)

BB

Get that tent ready Unc.... :eek:

Will there be the usual 'who's got the biggest pud' comp again :lol:
Better ask Glynn if there are any trees about...then we can put Shane upwind of it :rofl:

Hi,

I know I'm a newbie but is this open to all? It sounds like a brill weekend and we love camping, especially when you don't have too far to stagger back to yr tent! :D

Cheers
Crunchie

Vossy1 said:
Will there be the usual 'who's got the biggest pud' comp again :lol:
Better ask Glynn if there are any trees about...then we can put Shane upwind of it :rofl:
LoL.....+1 on that buddy...

Black-Pudding-spring-thing-1.jpg

Everyone is welcome to attend the event, whether you're brewing for the competition, staying for the weekend or visiting for the day :thumb:
We promise to keep the the black puds under wraps from prying eyes, be them, blokes/girlfriends/wives/partners/whoever...we wouldn't want them to see what they're missing :whistle: :rofl:

Excellent news. I'm checking my Diary and making plans for a competitive brewing session, Congratulations to the backroom staff :clap: :clap:

Hope there's a mild category I've a cracking one already in the corny will be nicely matured by then assuming I can withstand the temptation

I unfortunately couldn't make it last year but I'm definately up for this one, it's in the diary :thumb:

Latest posts

Back