The worst thing about corny kegs....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The worst thing is... when you think you have about half a keg left and then it kicks when you go to pour yourself a pint. First world problems, eh!

This turned up last night and I have a brace of kegs on their way.

So. I can stop buying stuff now, right?

20210225_093726.jpg

So. I can stop buying stuff now, right?

Bwa ha ha ha ha.... (Evil laugh)

You've broken the sacred cornie keg seal now....... The purchasing opportunity has just increased exponentially. Taps. Fridges. Manifolds. More kegs. Secondary regulators. Beer engines. Counter fillers..........

Bwa ha ha ha ha.... (Evil laugh)

You've broken the sacred cornie keg seal now....... The purchasing opportunity has just increased exponentially. Taps. Fridges. Manifolds. More kegs. Secondary regulators. Beer engines. Counter fillers..........

I get the feeling I am on the slippery slope too. I'm already scouring Facebook and eBay for something suitable or a Keezer, plus I'm thinking I'll need another keg now even though I am about 3 or 4 weeks away from putting beer in the one I have just got.

I get the feeling I am on the slippery slope too. I'm already scouring Facebook and eBay for something suitable or a Keezer, plus I'm thinking I'll need another keg now even though I am about 3 or 4 weeks away from putting beer in the one I have just got.
Oh good, I thought it was just me. Does that mean I dont have to join AA now? I maintain Im a drunk, not an alcoholic- alcoholics go to meetings....

Anyone else like to ‘clear the the pipes’ by swigging a couple of 1/4 glasses before filling up properly. The paperwork said there’ll be around 40ml of beer between keg and tap, but you can’t be too careful.

Anyone else like to ‘clear the the pipes’ by swigging a couple of 1/4 glasses before filling up properly. The paperwork said there’ll be around 40ml of beer between keg and tap, but you can’t be too careful.
Aha, 'clearing the pipes'! That sounds like essential keg maintenance that really should be observed each and every time the keg is utilised. Thanks for the tip!

I already have four and was thinking about more the other day. Try gumtree.

Latest posts

Back