transporting kegs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephenmanuel

Reaction score
I have four kegs to move by car. How long will it take for the sediment to settle again before I can start to serve it? Hours? Over night?

How long is a piece of string?. Its now all down to gravity, ie. when the sediment falls out. beer finings will help, but I think you are probably talking 4 weeks. Unfortunatley there is nothing you can do about it, only plan ahead...ie you need a beer to be somewhere on such a date, take it there at least 4 weeks beforehand...logistical nightmare....Cornies are a different matter. Bottles are easier to transport, but these need to be well conditioned, so all the sediment is compacted, but again they need time to settle.

Thanks guys. Now I am in trouble 'cos I am doing the beer for my daughter's wedding (in August) and was planning to move the beer the day before. OK, what I will do is make a batch in March and experiment a bit and switch to bottles if necessary.

Back